RMS Annual Fund
What is the RMS annual fund?
At the beginning of each year Riverwood Middle school has a fundraising drive which is a "write a check" style of fundraiser. Money raised goes towards items for our school that are not covered in the HISD budget plus funds most of our PTA programs. Incentives are given at different donation levels. Please click on the brochure link above to view details.
What does the school purchase with the money raised?
The needs of the school change from year to year. Below is what was purchased in the past few years.
- raised $30,000 despite Hurricane Harvey devastating our area and disrupting our lives. Our students, families, and teachers were resilient and determined to help our area recover.
- replaced our dated marquee with a digital version capable of providing much more information for the entire school.
- purchased student desks and chairs that are more conducive to flexible seating options.
- sent teachers on professional development opportunities that they would not be able to normally attend
- classroom desks and chairs for 12 classrooms
- chairs for both art classrooms
- modular tables and chairs in our library to make it a functional space for teachers and students, giving them the ability to rearrange seating based on instructional need
- 30 Chromebooks with cart
- support of student learning through teacher professional development
- 4 teachers attended the TCEA conference in February
- 6 teachers attended the Schoology NEXT conference to explore how to better utilize the Schoology application with our students, teachers, and parents during the 2017-18 school year
- The purchase of a new state-of-the-art digital marquee
- The addition of new computer workstations in the library
- The addition of a Chromebook and iPad work station in the library
- Professional Development at the TCEA (technology conference) for eight teachers; these teachers were then able to provide instruction to all teachers on a workday
What are the goals for this year's fundraising drive?
We are trying to raise 50,000.00! As we move into the 2018-19 school year, we would like to be able to continue to a our availability of campus technology devices allocated for students to use in the classroom. Additionally, we would like to improve our ability to provide video messaging within the hallways and commons areas for students to view video announcements and club/extracurricular information. We would also like to be able help fund some teacher grants on campus which encourage new and innovative ways to engage students in learning. Finally, we would like to continue to provide opportunity for quality professional development for teachers to impact classroom instruction for students. We are so excited to get this school year started!
- Wednesday, November 7
- Monday, November 19
- Tuesday, November 20
- Wednesday, November 21
- Thursday, November 22
- Friday, November 23
- Friday, December 21
- Saturday, December 22
Questions?...Contact Us @